The Maryland Black Bears will host the First Annual Black Bear Nation Sauce Hockey Tournament this Saturday, June 8th, at the Piney Orchard Street Festival from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM!
Sign up HERE!
Tournament Winner will drop the ceremonial puck at an upcoming Maryland Black Bears game.
Judge’s Rulings are Final:
- The tournament is free!
- Anyone over 12 years old is welcome to sign up
- First shot per round will be determined alphabetically by last name
- Matches are 1 player versus 1 player, selected at random
- Player 1 takes 8 shots, followed by player 2
- Whoever has the most points at the end of the round wins
- If a player interferes with an opponent’s shot, the interfering player loses one point
- Only pucks entering your goal or goal area will count toward your score
- In the event of a tie, play continues until either player scores
- The tournament is single elimination with the winner moving to next round
*3 points–Puck is sauced into the net on the fly
*2 points–Puck is sauced into the net by bouncing off the board
*1 point—Puck lands on the ramp or board